Thursday, October 27, 2016

Aetherial Insights: Council Member Tezcatlipoca

I had a moment to wonder why he cared, why the badass jaguar god was coming to my rescue. I had no ties to Tezca that I was aware of: my history was Asian. If I lived through this, I'd ask my dam. Maybe he was associated with my sire, though that would almost be too easy. Whatever his affiliation, the fact that he was at all interested in me was rather terrifying.
"Release her, Mordred." he purred, his calm, almost careless voice flowing through the darkness, deciding my actions even more certainly than Mordred's hand around my throat. Oh no, there was no way I was moving, not while he was behind me, his commanding aura filling the air, pressing cloyingly around me even at that distance. I couldn't even sense Soren at this point. Hell, I suspected I wouldn't be able to sense Mordred were it not for our rather intimate circumstances.
"And why should I?" the scorned prince was surprisingly unaffected by Tezcat's display, his stance just as rooted as it had been before, If anything, his grip seemed to tighten, his fingers digging cruelly into my skin, eliciting an embarrassingly tender mew from my strained vocal cords.
There was a frighteningly complete silence before I heard the pad of the god's footsteps, his claws clicking as he stepped over the threshold into the softer shag of the room. I felt, rather than heard his sigh as he spoke again, as if speaking to an extremely amusing but rather slow child.
"Chantrelle is necessary for your scion's redemption. We did not receive any notice that she should die in order to accomplish this. She has had such a short time with young Morgan, even as humans measure these things. Release her."

It briefly occurred to me that his reasons were rather too casual for my liking. Then again, I'd never met a cat who could resist playing with a particularly interesting bit of prey. Come to think of it, he'd seemed very intrigued when I'd been brought to Ysephiel's chamber, even suggesting different methods to be tried upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment